When you start to become sick it is important that you act quickly. The quicker you act, the less likely it is that you will end up in hospital.
- Commence your interventions indicated on your written COPD Action Plan.
- Contact your doctor (or healthcare professional) as soon as possible.
- Reduce your activity level.
- Clear sputum with the huff and cough technique.
- Practice controlled breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Eat small amounts of nourishing food.
- Drink extra fluids. (if not on a fluid restriction).
- Use additional medicine as planned by your doctor and written on your action plan.