When fired, a soft mist is released to be breathed deeply into the lungs. Turning the base loads the next dose.
Red arrow points to number of doses left and the Respimat® device will lock when empty.
Each new Respimat® must be prepared before it is first used. To do so follow the below steps:
- Keep cap closed. Press in grey safety catch (where clear and grey sections join). Pull off clear base.
- Insert narrow end of metal cartridge. Gentle push down on bench or table until in place (1 cm sticks out).
- Push clear base (with slot lined up) back onto inhaler.
- Turn base in direction of arrow until it clicks. Open cap Point at ground and press grey button. Close cap.
- Repeat step (d) until mist is seen when pressing button.
- Then repeat three more times. Device is now primed.
How to use the Respimat®
- Hold device upright with the cap closed.
- Turn clear base in direction of arrow until it clicks. (half-a-turn)
- Open cap fully.
- Breathe out gently away from mouthpiece.
- Put inhaler between teeth and seal with lips.
- As you start to breathe in slowly through your mouth, press grey button to release a dose.
- Continue to breathe in slowly and deeply. Hold breath for up to 10 seconds or as long as comfortable.
- Gently breathe out away from device.
- For second puff, repeat steps 1 to 9.