The aim of this module was to provide you with information on how exercise, pulmonary rehabilitation, and a balanced diet can help you to control your COPD.
You should now understand:
- How exercise and physical activity can help you;
- The purpose of pulmonary rehabilitation and how these programs can help you to manage your COPD;
- How Lungs in Action can help you to maintain your exercise program;
- Examples of strength training;
- Examples of stretching;
- The precautions to be aware of when exercising;
- Your other options for staying active;
- How to keep track of your progress;
- Why healthy eating is important for those with COPD;
- What foods to eat to create a healthy and balanced diet;
- The best foods to eat if you are underweight;
- The best foods to eat if you are overweight; and
- How to manage your swallowing problems.
You can revisit this module at any time by selecting Module Four from the dashboard.