What can you do when you become sick?
When you start to become sick it is important that you act quickly. The quicker you act, the less likely it is that you will end up in hospital.
- Commence your interventions indicated on your written COPD Action Plan.
- Contact your doctor (or healthcare professional) as soon as possible.
- Reduce your activity level.
- Clear sputum with the huff and cough technique.
- Practice controlled breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Eat small amounts of nourishing food.
- Drink extra fluids. (if not on a fluid restriction).
- Use additional medicine as planned by your doctor and written on your action plan.