How to use the HandiHaler®
The Handihaler® is activated by breathing in through the mouthpiece. When activated, a capsule (containing the medicine) inside the Handihaler® is pierced, allowing the medicine to be inhaled.
1. Open the dust cap by pulling upwards.
2. Open the mouthpiece by pulling upwards.
4. Firmly close the mouthpiece, leaving the dust cap open.
5. Press the green button once to pierce the capsule, and then release the green button.
6. Breathe out gently away from the HandiHaler®.
8. Breathe in slowly and deeply (enough to hear or feel the capsule vibrate) and fully through your mouth, keeping your head in an upright position.
9. Hold your breath for about 10 seconds, if possible.
10. Remove the HandiHaler® from your mouth.
11. Breathe out away from the HandiHaler®.
12. Repeat steps 6 to 11 to completely empty the capsule.