How can you use community support services?
- Be an active participant in your care.
- Learn about your lung condition and learn how to manage and adapt to it.
- Benefit from the knowledge and experience of other people who have lung conditions.
- Build your own support network to help manage your health.
- Plan ahead and use available services as you need them.
Where you can seek or access support services in the community
- From your team of health care professionals.
- From your local council.
- From Lung Foundation Australia (phone: 1800 654 301), which may include:
- Patient information resources.
- Information on local pulmonary rehabilitation patient support groups and community exercise programs (maintenance).
- From your local Commonwealth Carelink Centre (phone: 1800 052 222), which provides free information about local community aged care, disability and support services.
- From the Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre (phone: 1800 059 059), which provides information and options about respite care and other support services for carers, such as:
- Respite care in emergency and short term planned care situations.
- Assistance in locating and booking residential respite.
- Access to an emergency respite service 24 hours a day.